[dev] Horde Errors within Code of new V2.1 RC3 and some remarks on the new version of horde/imp (fwd)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 09:14:21 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat,  8 Jun 2002 11:55:26 +0200
From: Philippe Vogel <philippe@fb7-fg6.uni-duisburg.de>
Subject: Horde Errors within Code of new V2.1 RC3 and some remarks on the
    new version of horde/imp

Hi!

There are several bugs in the code.

Major bugs:

1) The /horde/lib/Horde.php has errors in the lines around line 404 (on mouse
over events) so I uncommend these lines to get it working.
The menu frame wil not be shown, if you don't fix that by uncommending the
function.

2) The Kronolith application has errors within _SERVER variable to get the
right url for the calendar events so I did not get it working and deinstalled
it again.
I tried phpgroupware and found many more bugs, so I decided to use horde/imp
further on.

3) The "file" driver for logging of horde does not work or I have to fix some
filerights.
It reports of an accessproblem within /../php/file.php.
There should be an installationscript within pear to set all permissions right!

Minor bugs:

4) E-Mail sending does not work, if you deny upload due to a security bug
within older php versions (therefore I decided to path php to use this feature).

5) Filerightssettings within horde script set right permissions, but shoult
deletet test.php or phptest.php.

6) Docs should get installed in a different folder to do not install them
within the webroot.

7) Your howto installing lib mcal does not work with suse due to a
configurationproblem within SuSE Linux.
There is already such a lib provided, but there is a symlink missing to which
kronolith refers.

One good thing is, your new Version looks quite good.
The people in our engineering department do like horde with the "light blue" -
theme.
The only problem is that it does not change the colour of the scrollbar.
Where do I find the setting?

I have tried acmemail before I switched to horde, because it is much faster and
better looking.
There was an option to get secure links from login screen.
I got the same behaviour by redirecting within an extra index.html (order of
startpage within apache is index.html, index.php).
I saw you generate secure html with unsecure html as topframe, but I only
believe of having secure access, if I find an ssl-notice in the bottom of the
browserwindow.
Is there a possibility to fix that or give me an option to get full secure
access without redirecting (or I fix it in horde's index.php)?

I had problems installing your new version (normally I know what to do when
setting up things with php and mysql).
The older (imp 3.0 and horde 2.1 or 2.0?) were much more easy to install.

Reguards

Philippe

Dies Mail wurde Ihnen per Webmail geschickt!

Besuchen Sie die Werkstofftechnik I - Homepage:

http://fb7-fg6.uni-duisburg.de