[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib Message.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:45:29 -0600

|   Btw, why is this method in IMP_Message:: and not in IMP_Folder::,
|   given that it operations on entire mailboxes?

I distinguish the two by what they are dealing with - Folder is dealing
with the actual folder/mailbox (e.g. renaming the folder, subscribing to
the folder) while Message is dealing with the messages inside that
folder/mailbox.  emptyMailbox() is just deleting a list of messages - it is
not actually doing anything to the folder per se.

A second justification - emptyMailbox() uses IMP_Message::delete() so it
makes more sense to keep the code "closer" to delete.  This is a dumb,
ethereal argument but I'm in law school so the more
arguments/justifications we can come up with, with any shred of
credibility, the better :)

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder