[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib SessionCache.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:56:08 -0600

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

| slusarz     2002/06/24 11:51:48 PDT
|
|   Modified files:
|     lib                  SessionCache.php
|   Log:
|   * Allow a flag to session objects that flag it as an object that should
|     not be pruned if the object limit is reached.
|   * phpdoc.

Rationale: The attachments code in compose.php is pretty ugly.  I am
currently working to store all the attachments information in a
MIME_Message object.  This MIME_Message object would be stored between page
accesses and will clean the code up alot... not to mention that it takes
advantage of all the features of that class.  This object needs to be
stored between accesses, either via VFS or a SessionCache object.  Since a
user may leave the compose window open for an extended period of time while
browsing his mailboxes, we must ensure that this information, if stored in
a SessionCache, is not pruned and lost (for example, reading a message with
20 MIME Parts would cause the entire SessionCache to be pruned).

Comments/concerns?
michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder