[dev] Groups??

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:00:25 -0700

 | Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:
 |
 | > Although, due to lack of an ldap server, I haven't tested it. There is no
 | > reason it shouldn't work, it just adds a new object to the storage system
 | > the same as adding a contact. There are two new field introduced when
 | > this was implemented, not sure if you need to add them as new fields like
 | > you have to add new columns in SQL. __type is just a short string and
 | > __members is a huge string :-)
 |
 | I tested it and got it working with LDAP before I committed it. You do need
 | the two attributes, but I use a server with schemacheck off, so I'm kinda
 | cheating. :)

The issue that I am seeing is not with the schema, unfortunately.  That would
be easy.  It seems to want to add the rootdn that I have defined in sources.php,
which is erroneous.  I'm not really sure where to start
making changes to find the problem.  I see the ldap.php has not changed
so my issue is somewhere between my sources.php and Group.php. With my
directory structure, I would want it to create a new dn with the name/email
for the group something like

dn: mail=newgroup@virtualdomain.com,mail=owner@virtualdomain.com, \
ou=addressbook,o=base.org

rather than trying to recreate the existing dn:
dn: mail=owner@virtualdomain.com,ou=addressbook,o=worldinternet.org

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

ed

P.S. BTW, the basic search doesn't seem to work for a blank search but
     the advanced search does, just like before mail groups.