[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib/Crypt pgp.php imp/config conf.php.dist imp/lib PGP.php

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 01:18:54 +0200

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

>   There is no way to implement timeout without sockets (and even sockets
> are
>   not portable). Since I am not going to write a socket interface to PGP
>   keyservers, this isn't going to work. As a fallback, we use
> set_time_limit()
>   to limit the execution to a maximum of 10 seconds instead.

Not sure if it works with script timeouts but you can try to add a custom
error handler before the call and catch the timeout error, so that at least
the user doesn't get a php error on her screen.

Jan.