[dev] Turba and multi-line attributes in ldap

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:09:07 -0400

Quoting Jean-Charles Godien <Jean-Charles.Godien@unice.fr>:

> The $ symbol is used as separator, especially in postalAddress attribute
> where they are lines separators (RFC 2252). For a correct presentation
> the "$" should be replaced by a newline.

I'm skeptical:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-general/199901/msg00039.html

Sounds like it's entirely special-cased to postalAddress - maybe we should
handle it specially (new patch?) but we certainly shouldn't do this to all
entries.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>