[dev] theme support in other apps

Sun, 7 Jul 2002 09:33:22 -0500

We've got theme support in horde, imp, and turba.  Since it is in horde, other
horde apps also "inherit" the themes.  But there is no "config/themes"
directory in the other apps, so we can't override any theme settings
for the other apps.  My suggestion is we add (in cvs) a config/themes
directory to all apps.

This arises from an issue with my burnt orange theme.  It all works well
in most cases, but I've one single problem case in kronolith.  My theme
sets the "selected" background style to burnt-orange.  It also sets some
text values to burnt-orange.  This is generally fine, but in kronolith
the current day is shown with the "selected" background css style.  Since
my text here is also burnt orange, I end up with burnt orange
text on burnt orange background for the current day in kronolith.

The fix is easy.  I create a theme file for kronolith which changes
the "selected" background style just for that app.  But now my kronolith
is out of sync with cvs, etc.  And how do I submit the theme file since
there is no kronolith themes directory?  Anyway, I think you get the point.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage