[dev] mime type icons

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:00:07 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> We first try to get the icon from the application, then from Horde and
> then for text/plain from Horde. The last should probably changed to get
> the icon from Horde's default.

I've fixed this and will commit it in a moment.

> But the problem is in the first step. If the application doesn't have an
> own mime driver it returns the the default icon (being the text icon in
> Chora). To fix this we either have to remove the default entries from the
> applications' mime_drivers.php or change the logic to detecting the mime
> icon to the following: Try to get an exact match from the application,
> try to get an exact match from Horde, try to get the default from the
> application, get the default from Horde.

I can see keeping the default, so that an application can force unknown
types into a certain type, so I'm rewriting the getIcon() logic to take the
best match from either horde or the current application...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>