Fw: [dev] [solved] bad filesize

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:43:18 -0600

| Alright, this is about as sorted out as I can make it now... still trying
| to figure out why filenames with two extensions (.tar.gz, for example)
| give me problems...

These work fine in IMP, at least under IE6 (win2k).  fyi: the PATH_INFO
information (which is, as far as i can tell from documentation, what IE
uses for the non-extension part of the name i.e.:
http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/content-type.html) is rawurlencoded.

Maybe all versions of IE don't handle this the same.  Once again, there is
no real information out there (and if there is, someone send me a page) on
what versions have this broken behavior.

But, as mentioned above, I can successfully download xxxx.tar.gz files just
fine.  My version completely ignores anything other than the extension in
the fn parameter and uses the PATH_INFO information instead.  For example,
a URL looking like this:

http://localhost/horde/imp/view.php/filename%2ewords?fn=/blahblah.ext

downloads as this:  filename.words.ext

michael