[dev] PEAR::DataObject

Jason Hines jch@eyeintegrated.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:36:21 -0400

Well, neat things could be done if all data was abstracted into
objects.  Doing things like centralized administration for all Horde
application in one admin panel would be possible.

Another good thing would be that Horde application developers would only
have to define their DataObject configuration, and Horde could be
responsible for the table creation, etc.

The Binarycloud framework abstracts all data through the use of
Entities.  It's very nice.  I was just considering the fact that Horde
extensively uses PEAR and PEAR::DB, so I would imagine extending on that
to utilize PEAR::DataObject would be a good thing.

</$.02>
jason