[dev] Session prefs for guest users

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:55:15 -0400

Quoting "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus@riboflavin.net>:

> We have several applications for which it would be nice to allow even
> guest users to set their preferences on.  What about the idea of
> creating a special guest account (not sure what the username would
> be...maybe configurable in horde's conf.php).  This account could be
> specifically set up to use session prefs or no prefs (again conf.php)
> regardless of the backend other users have.

I see a few possibilities:

1. Have a config option in horde/config/conf.php for giving guest users
session preferences.

2. Automatically give guest users session preferences.

3. If the prefs store is 'session', give guest users session prefs.

I don't think it makes sense to let guest users have anything other than
session prefs.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>