[dev] extending Auth

Tarjei Huse tarjei+a_lists.phpgw@nu.no
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:13:32 +0200

I saw that the admin module uses the Auth object from horde to do it's tasks.
When I looked at the driver for Ldap and it seemes rather barebone. I'm
considering extending the driver so I can let som non-technical users use horde
to add and remove users in a wider setting (samba & posix).

Therefore I am wondering what is the best way to extend the admin module.
Basicly I am wondering if I should write a new class that extends Auth or if it
is best using a require inside the function etc.

Maybe the best way would be if the addUser function called a number of
registered modules?  Anyhow just give me some hints on how to do this, I am
asking so that whatever comes out of it is as "Hordesqe" as possible. :)

I'd like to make a "usertemplatefile" for configuring the user - so that an
administrator can choose sensible defaults and let the non-technical user only
worry about username, phonenumber and quotasize (f.x.).

I've tried finding more info on admin in CVS and by searching the maillinglists,
but the keyword is way too normal and the cvs entries doesn't help me that much.
If there's allready a document describing how to extend the Auth class, please
lett me know.

Tarjei