[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: turba/docsCHANGESturba/graphicsmap.gifturba/templates/display display.inc

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:42:41 -0500

> Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:
>
> > Moreover, it could be useful to add a second "street address" field...
>
> Why? Palm doesn't have one, and as far as I can tell the systems that do
> just don't want to handle multiline data.
>
> -chuck

General idea is that address one is your real address.  Address two is
non-address data, commonly delivery data or other instructions.  Could
also be for locality.  Could be things like:

* Delivery annotations (e.g. Entrance 2, 4th floor, Suite 123;
* Location descriptions (e.g. Corner of 26th and Speedway Drive)
* Internal or locality-based "mail drop" or "mail route" codes.

Of course, you could just create a new field for these things, since they
really are not addresses...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage