[dev] Fwd: [imp] a no working filter

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:08:22 +0200

This message is in MIME format.

The message with this subject from Wilmer Geovanny was created by IMP 4.0.
But it broke somethin on my mail server (Cyrus).

The interesting in this mail is the format: It's a multipart/mixed message
with Content-Transfer-Encoding set to 7bit. But it contains two mime parts:
text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1, 8bit and
application/pgp-keys, 7bit

The body of the first part and the Content-Description header of the second
part originally contained characters from the iso-8859-1 charset (I guess).
Both were stripped out by the mail server, I think because the transfer
encoding of the whole message was set to 7bit, but the message contained
8bit characters. We (hehe, Michael, that is) have to fix this. Though I
really don't know, what the RFC compliant behaviour was in this case.

Jan.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Vffentlicher_PGP_Schl_ssel
Type: application/pgp-keys
Size: 1411 bytes
Desc: not available

DQotLSANCklNUCBtYWlsaW5nIGxpc3QNCkZyZXF1ZW50bHkgQXNrZWQgUXVlc3Rpb25zOiBodHRw
Oi8vaG9yZGUub3JnL2ZhcS8NClRvIHVuc3Vic2NyaWJlLCBtYWlsOiBpbXAtdW5zdWJzY3JpYmVA
bGlzdHMuaG9yZGUub3JnDQo=