[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: accounts/templates menu.inc

Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:38:26 -0500

Quoting Joel Vandal <jvandal@subi.to>:

> Why not create a global prefs for show/visible logout button ?

Because I pretty much buy Chuck's argument on it.  And it is easier for
me to remove it from the 4 modules it is in (that don't need it) than
it would be for me to get all the other module owners to agree with me
and add it to all their modules ;)

BTW, I did briefly consider making it a config option as I was starting
the removal process.  But decided not to.  Sometimes you just need to
give in to consistency, and sometimes there are just too many configuration
options, and I think this time both are true (consistency is important,
and configuration option proliferation must be controlled).

I did leave it in the passwd module as noted earlier.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage