[dev] IMP Filters Array Structure.

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 02:52:41 +1200

I was just wondering if you had planned for this to be more flexable, and if so
what were you plans.

I've got an interface to Sieve up and working:
webmail.graftonhall.co.nz l:test32 p:test goto the 'Server-Side Filtering'
module and play if you wish. It doesn't actually set the filters active as it's
still a work in progress.

The problem is a need a couple more files to store stuff in if i want to stay
compatible with IMP. Here's what I would like :-)

        * Filter entry (stored in preferences):
        * Array
        * (
        *   [bl] => Array
        *   (
        *     *List of blacklisted addresses*
        *   )
        *
        *   [rule] => Array
        *   (
        *     [*Filter number*] => Array
        *     (
        *       [flt] => Array
        *       (
        *         [] => Array
        *           (
        *             [fld] => Array(*Field name(s)*)
        *             [txt] => Array(*Text to match*)
>                     [typ] => (constant or string) Match Type (is, isn't,
contains, begins with, ends with etc)
        *           )
        *       )
>               [nme] => (string) Filter Name
>               [cmb] => (constant) *Combine code* (AND OR)
>               [cas] => (boolean)Case Sesitive
        *       [act] => *Action code*
        *       [fol] => *Folder name to move to*
also [fol] might be better named target as it would make more sense for redirects.
        *     )
        *   )
     * )

Just my thought as then this could be integrated into IMP and a drop in
replacement for the current filtering....

I also have a few other flags i'd like to set like a 'don't check other rules if
this one matches' sort of rule.

- Mike  :-)