[dev] DHTML popups and form elements bit...

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:30:26 +0200

Zitat von Rene Lund Jensen <lundeman@tbkol.dk>:

> As it is now, I can only get this to work with IE
> I have testet it with:
>
> IE         : 6.0.2600.0000
> Mozilla : 1.1b 2002072104
> Opera   : 6.0 build 1010

> But I still can't get Mozilla to work.
> Does Mozilla use onmouseover with DIV's..??

The problem is how the select elements are addressed. Chuck didn't use a DOM
compatible addressing style.
I usually use something like:

            var selects = document.getElementsByTagName('select');
            for (var i = 0; i < selects.length; i++) {
                selects[i].style.visibility = 'hidden';
            }

This of course works only with DOM capable browsers, so you have to do this
more gracefully if it should work with all browsers (that are able to hide
elements at runtime). Additionally you'll have to explicitely set a positive
z-index to the dhtml layer to avoid interference with other form elements in
Moz.

Jan.