[dev] IMP HEAD & sending messages with attachment and special char in IE

Amith Varghese amith@xalan.com
21 Aug 2002 18:58:08 -0400

I'm having problems with IMP-HEAD and sending messages. Its a really
strange error, but I am unable to send a particular message under IE
6.0.2600.0000  To repeat this try the following:

1) Open IE6
2) Compose a new message
3) Paste the following text for the message:

However, they all pointed out that it will be difficult for agencies to
do business with us because we don't have a GSA schedule.  With a
schedule, agencies can give us up to $100K on sole source basis.

4) Attach any document as an attachment.
5) Send the message

What happens for me is that the compose window stays open and nothing
gets sent.  The strange part is that if I

a) remove the attachment - e-mail gets sent correctly
b) change "don't" to "dont" - e-mail gets sent correctly
c) use mozilla (no changes are needed to the e-mail message) - e-mail
gets sent correctly

Anyone have a clue why the message doesn't get sent under IE?

Thanks
Amith