[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora annotate.php cvs.php diff.php history.phpchora/docsCHANGES chora/lib Chora.php

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:21:56 +0100

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 04:38:21PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:
>
> > I'm also kean on renaming "CVSLib" to something more generic some time
> > soon.  "SCM", perhaps?
>
> Sounds good to me, as long as it's a nice driver model (and I know you guys
> won't disappoint there... <g>).

I've got my copy of Antipatterns right here ... :)

Jon, feel free to rename / cleanup CVSLib; I'm more interested in getting
Whups going right now.

My feeling is that we need to start from scratch with respect to a new
driver library that covers all SCMs - one that advertises capabilities
(does this SCM do per-version commits, or crypto signing, or directory
tracking, etc).

If we could cover Perforce and OpenCM as well as CVS, that would be
my top three (anyone interested in looking at Arch or the others?)

Anil