[dev] Re: [horde] new project?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:46:10 -0400

Quoting Chris Petersen <lists@forevermore.net>:

> What would it take to get a new horde project started?

Not much more than this email, really. :)

> I'm interested in using Horde to set up a virtual-host website management
> suite.  A friend and I are starting to look into hosting a handful of
> websites for ourselves and other friends, and I want to do this right.  I
> guess the eventual goal would be to have a vhost setup that would work
> for any ISP.

Cool! I know there are various pieces to this floating around in some Horde
code, and some things, like filters, should eventually be consolidated into
a nice driver model (maybe in IMP, maybe not). And Marcus has been working
on webcyradmin some, so that's another place to start; I think a few other
folks mentioned a similar project. If you start producing code, I think
it'll start rolling.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>