[dev] Re: Trean

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 03:18:31 +1200

> Hello Mike,
>
> I've been using Horde/IMP for a couple of years now (as an admin) and
> recently in my job we've been using Horde as a development framework
> intensively.
>
> I found your Trean module while nosing around, it's exactly the sort of
> thing I was needing personally and was intending to develop myself. Is
> there a TODO list of some sort? I'd like to help developing it.

This is still a very young application so it hasn't found alot of direction yet.
I think i only started it 8 days ago :-)

Umm.. here's what i have in my Nag list....

Handle all page visits through a redirection page so the number of visits (most
popular) and most recently visited lists can be compiled.

Add a user preference to show any or all of:
 - A recently visited list.
 - A most visited list.
 - A recently added list.
When viewing the root category instead of the basically empty page that is there
now.

Add a preference to open all links in a new window.

Start the whole application again and write a Hierachiel class for Horde that
overcomes the limitations of the current Categories class that is used to store
data in. (The categories code doesn't desinguish between children under
different parents. eg i couldn't have a category called 'mirrors' in my 'php'
category as well as a category called 'mirrors' in my 'horde' category as they
have the same name).

Add some error checking.

Add a 'public' tag to categories and create a way of people giving out a url
that would allow people to browse their bookmarks in a read-only mode.

That's about it that i have so far. Feel free to work or comment on any of
these, I haven't started any of them at the moment.

- Mike :-)