[dev] File Encrypt/Decrypt function

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:09:07 -0400

Quoting Joel Vandal <jvandal@subi.to>:

> Where is the best place to put an encrypt/decrypt file function for
> Gollem ? in lib/Gollem.php or directly on the VFS backend and call a
> function like : $GLOBALS['vfs']->cryptFile ?
>
> Or simply change Crypt class to support a _encryptFile and _decryptFile
> function (since they appear that only message/signature are supported)
> and call proper function on gollem ?

I can see two ways - putting it into the VFS parent class (or some kind of
subclass wrapper), or leaving it standalone. I think it'd be great to have
in VFS, personally, for convenience.

> I have modified manager.php, templates/manager/javascript.inc and
> templates/manager/prompt.inc for the Encryption/Decryption options and
> create rought code for crypt & compression function.

Great!

> Also, I like the "popup dialog" option of gollem that use dhtml windows,
> does exist any plan to change all messagebox for this kind of popup on
> other applications ?

Certainly not unless it's backwards compatible, but I'd look at patches...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>