[dev] Why not use $browser->hasFeature('javascript');

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:02:32 +0200

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > Because not every javascript capable browser supports dynamic inline
> > texts, eg. NS 4.x.
>
> Hmm. Does this match our 'dom' check, though?

Depends on where and how we use it. I don't remember the place where this
was, but if we use 'innerText' it's not dom compliant, if we use
'createTextNode' it  won't work with IE 4.

I know we currently test for the same browser versions for the 'dom'
feature, but there might be other browsers (Opera hopefully some day) that
are dom compliant but don't support 'innerText'.

Jan.