[dev] CVS HEAD problem with MacOS + Netscape

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:27:38 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Using a Mac with MacOS 8/9 and Netscape 4.7x, I can access my 40 or so
> > day old CVS HEAD version, but not my current version of CVS HEAD...  Works
> > fine on all other browsers/OS combinations I've tried.
>
> > I've yet to find any solution.  Anyone have any ideas???
>
> Sure, get me a mac and I'll track it down. ;)

Well, I'd lend you one, but I can't afford the shipping...
Anyway, here is what I know:

* It is probably the javascript, probably not the css
* In Netscape 4.7, disabling javascript also disables css (yuck!)
* It seems to be triggered by certain graphics on the page, but it isn't
  the graphics themselves that cause the problem...

Very interesting problem.  Learning a lot (like that in NN 4.7x javascript
is very much coupled with css).

Going to bed, will work on this in the morning.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

"Can you hear me now? ... Good!"