[dev] good-enough fix for Mac/NS problem

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:38:35 -0500

Okay, so after 24 hours, I can not figure out why Horde/IMP suddenly doesn't
work anymore when it used to.  To recap, old CVS HEADS and release versions
work fine on MacOS+Netscape4.7x, but newest CVS HEAD wasn't.

But, I found a "solution" that makes it work again.  I simply added this to
my apache configuration.

BrowserMatch "Mozilla/4" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0

Now, I know this is way overkill, but it makes it work.  I'll try to refine
this down to which tags are needed (is it keepalive, or ssl-unclean-shutdown,
etc).  It is an ssl site.

Anyway, without the above, it works on all my previous versions.  With the
above it works on all versions.  So I can at least sleep tonight, and my
MacOS+NS4.7 users can stop complaining.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics