[dev] S/MIME again

Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:43:16 -0500

Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:

> 2) settled on a storage for correspondents' public keys (a separate table,
>    or turba entries?), or

I would think, if possible, we'd want to make this as similar to the pgp
stuff as possible.

> I've contemplated the UI as:
> 1) mimicing what's already there for PGP (see attached screenshots),

Looks good.  On comment on the screen shot: pgp uses round radio buttons,
and you used square checkboxes.  They should be the same (radio or checkbox)
rather than different.

> 2) fitting in the options block above the message text, or

I personally don't like that one.

> 3) expanding the buttonbar to something like:
>    Send Msg | Send Signed Msg | Send Encrypted Msg | Send Signed/Encrypted
> Msg
>    Save Draft | Cancel Message

This sounds good, but I don't know how you would do this if both pgp and s/mime
were enabled.  So I think #1 is the better one, unless you can solve multiple
encryption schemes enabled simultaneously on one set of buttons.

> #1 is easiest (see attached), though #2 and #3 might offer something nicer,
> aesthetically.  I'm going with easiest for now.

I think it is probably the best, but then that's just my opinion.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!