[dev] Diff for cygwin.

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:16:16 +1200

> ----- Message from jon@horde.org ---------
>
> I kind of agree, as well.  If the goal here is to just produce a
> Windows executable, build it with mingw or Visual C.  The cygwin
> environment should be left as its own beast.

The goal wasn't to produce a native solution.. if that was the goal then it
would need to be a full windows service as in it's current form it is not that
usefull on a windows system.

I don't have a copy of mingw or VC installed nor do I have any C skills to get
it working as a service. From experience, windows users don't normally know much
about compiling anything and will always be looking for a binary distribution of
a program, this would at least get something there for them.

- Mike :-)