[dev] S/MIME again

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:57:55 -0400

This is an S/MIME signed message

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:
>
> | 2) More annoying, when putting the whole thing together (message body and
> | detached signature),

[stuff elided]

Well, the problem was that the signed message, returned by
$imp_smime->signMessage() was the entire message, sans non-MIME headers.  So, if
I used setContentTypeParameter, etc., all I succeeded in doing was stuffing the
message into another envelope.

The only thing I've come up with so far that works is an ugly solution: chop off
the "MIME-Version: " from the front of the $signed_message, use
$headers->addHeader('MIME-Version', $rest_of_signed_message), and then send it
all with IMP::sendMessage($recipients, $headers, $a_null_string).

If anyone will show me the error of my ways, I'll be very grateful.

Otherwise, it's on to the encrypting portion of this problem.

Oh yeah, there's also the little problem of the passphrase dialog.  Though that
may actually not be a bug.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
Signature under NDA