[dev] Unkown problem with mm module.

Frederic Trudeau ftrudeau@cam.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:57:29 -0400

Greatings all.

I am posting my problem here, but I am aware that this is not really the =
place for it to be posted. Nonetheless, maybe some of you might have an =
idea of the problem we just encountered here.

We got latest stable release of Horde + IMP installed for our own =
clients, on RedHat (Kernel 2.4.14), Apache 1.3.23 and 4.1.2.

A couple of minutes ago, users that were trying to access IMP on =
http://webmail.cam.org/ were getting the a white page with forms to =
logon, as if the style sheet was not loaded. When trying to log on, a =
blank page was received.

We got nothing in httpd logs, nothing in error logs but, we got this =
error in webmail.cam.org logs (which is a VirtualHost, btw...) :

PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0

The only way we managed to solve this issue was to reboot the server ...

Any idea, anyone ? =3D)

Frederic Trudeau
PHP Coder, Colocation, Development
ftrudeau@cam.org