[dev] Passwd and LDAP woes

Harry Hoffman hhoffman@ip-solutions.net
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 21:20:49 +1200

Hi All,
   I'm using the Passwd modules with an ldap backend at two different places. It
works just fine at the one place but doesn't at the other. The only difference
between the two setups is the base dn layout. They are laid out in the following
manner:

ou=People,o=working,c=US (this one works)
ou=People,o=This one is not working,c=US (this one doesn't work & has spaces)

Here's the error message I receive:
Warning: ldap_get_dn(): supplied argument is not a valid ldap result entry
resource in /var/www/html/horde/passwd/lib/Driver/ldap.php on line 90

Warning: LDAP: modify operation could not be completed. in
/var/www/html/horde/passwd/lib/Driver/ldap.php on line 200

Here's the question: What is the way to determine whether the spaces in the DN
are the problem?

It may be worth noting I have this same LDAP server as an addressbook source and
that works fine.

Thanks for any help,
Harry

--