[dev] Clean install on latest Apache/PHP = bug

bas@brijn.nu bas@brijn.nu
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:25:59 +0200

LS,

I'm running:
- Apache 2.0.42
- PHP 4.2.3
The whole string that the server reports:
Apache/2.0.42 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.42 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/2 PHP/4.2.3

I got the latest IMP + HORDE, after unpacking the /horde/test.php shows all OK.
And I get the unconfigured screen. Then:
  for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo `basename $foo .dist`; done
should fix that. But no it doesn't..

I have to change index.php from:
  define('HORDE_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
  $horde_configured = (@file_exists('./config/horde.php') &&
  ..

to:

  define('HORDE_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
  $horde_configured = (@file_exists(HORDE_BASE . '/config/horde.php') &&
  ..

To make this screen go away. Normally I deleted the .dist files, this resulted
in all the html pages to lose all their color. I guess this is by css.php not
finding and including html.php.. The really strange thing is that if the .dist
file is there it is parsed OK! The code in css.php is using this:

        include HORDE_BASE . '/config/html.php';
    } else {
        @include HORDE_BASE . '/config/html.php.dist';

If I leave the .dist pages in place all looks OK.. But I just saw that the
language change when logging in to IMP doesn't have any effect..

It's 100% reproducable. I even downloaded the tar a few times.

Is this a known issue?

Bas