[dev] Running production & test on the same server

Harry Hoffman hhoffman@ip-solutions.net
Tue Oct 8 20:33:56 2002

Hi All,
   I'm in the process of exploring running horde (&modules) as production and
test on the same server. Essentially what I'd like to do is run the both sets at
the same time, updating the test via CVS on a weekly basis and then move the
test to production after a weeks time.
   My problem is that it seems difficult to run both because of the way horde
stores it's cookie path (ie -> /horde). I could script the changing of the horde
cookie path but I'd really like not to start introducing customization to the
horde directory because it's updated via cvs.
   How possible would it be then to set the horde cookie path based off a
variable that defines the directory where horde is located? Are there any
difficulties with doing it this way? And what are other people out there doing
who run a production system based off of the CVS work?

Thanks,
Harry

--
Harry Hoffman