[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: passwd/config .cvsignore backends.php.dist conf.xml passwd/lib Driver.php Passwd.php base.php passwd/lib/Driver ldap.php sql.php passwd/templates/main main.inc passwd main.php

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Sun Oct 13 01:08:29 PDT 2002

Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> My objection is to making "guest => true" the default in the registry.php
> file.  I think this makes the module much more of a security concern.
>
> I don't object to the functionality, but I think we should have guest
> access
> off by default, and make the system admin/installer set it to true if
> they
> want to accept responsibility for the security concerns doing so raises.

> Anyone disagree with me?

No, that makes sense. Even if users will be able to change passwords that
have nothing to do with the system's Horde authentication it still makes
sense to only allow changing of passwords for authenticated users.

Jan.