[dev] Re: commit: horde/config hooks.php.dist passwd main.php passwd/lib/Driver sql.php

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Thu Oct 17 02:16:55 PDT 2002

> ----- Message from marcus@riboflavin.net ---------
>
> Frankly, this should be the opposite of what it is.  My problem is
> Auth::getAuth() returns user@domain.com, which I need passed to the
> backend, but passwd automatically removes the domain portion and sends
> just the user.  I set up a hook to bypass that functionality.  It really
> should be the other way though - assume Auth::getAuth() is right unless
> they define a hook to properly convert.  Either way, the hook should be
> translating Auth::getAuth() to fill in the form, not messing with what
> is passed.

Okay, getting a lot of conlicting views on this so:

LDAP has a realm paramter in it's config and I will add the same to the other
drivers. Which will 'unbreak' the realms handling in the drivers.

The hook with the what the user has entered and convert it to what the backend
wants. If this means you ignore that the user entered and return the first bit
of Auth::getAuth() that's fine just make sure you haven't set allow guests to true.

One the backend gets this username it will append the realm to it, if it's been
specified, and continue to update the backend.

How does that work for you guys?

Just so you have an idea where i'm going with password.. I'm making it a more
generic password change application, so you can change password that aren't
currently being used to login to horde.

- Mike :-)