[dev] Memo and/or Task from email

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Thu Oct 17 16:38:47 PDT 2002

Quoting Amith Varghese <amith@xalan.com>:

> > The main purpose I had in mind was to, for example, take my original
> > email post here, click something, and have it take me to the new task
> > creation page.  I could then enter the rest of the details, but I would
> > have the body of the email already in the test description...
>
> Are you thinking the whole e-mail in the description, or perhaps
> highlighting
> the text you want want and then clicking a button and the highlighted text
> shows
> up in the text description?
>
> Amith

Just joining this thread,

Cool idea, but whole desc would be fine as a 'default' behavior (for those
without the JS necessary for the "grab highlighted" part.  (is that even
possible with JS?)).

Nothing wrong with doing a little editing and trimming once inside the task
form.  Plus it allows for including bits that are not next to eachother in the
email.  Not something you could pull off with a simple highlight. (other than
highlighting from the start bit to the end bit).

--Ryan