[dev] Re: Source-level documentation

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon Oct 21 23:24:24 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 08:08:19AM +0200, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

>   Do projects commented with PHPDoc tags need to be "re-commented" for
>   doxygen? Or does doxygen understand the PHPDoc tags?

Doxygen understands JavaDoc syntax, which PHPDoc attempts to emulate.

Here's what our current PHPDoc'ed source code looks like after being
running through Doxygen:

    http://dev.horde.org/api/horde/dev-doxygen/html/

>   Right after the PHP Conference 2000, where Ulf Wendel presented PHPDoc,
>   Jan Kneschke wrote a Zend Extension that uses PHP's scanner/parser to
>   generate the PHPDoc internal XML markup for PHPDoc-style commented PHP
>   sourcecode. IIRC, this extension now lives in PECL.

Interesting.  I haven't really investigated the current state of
PHPDoc, mainly because I don't want to invest the time in filling the
gaps when I know there exists a tool that does everything I need.

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)