[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Crypt.php Horde.php Server.php horde/docs CHANGES

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:17:36 2002

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| >   Log:
| >   Moved Server configuration checking functions to Server::.  Helps
| > remove
| >   a little bit of code from from Horde:: since the code is not used all
| >   the time.
|
| Only the allow_file_uploads bit actually has to do with the server,
| though.
| The rest has to do with the browser...

Yeah, maybe my semantics is a bit off.  Actually, file compression *is*
determined by the server in the first place (since you can turn it off in
PHP); we just do further checks of browser to prevent buggy browsers from
receiving it.  So that's a server/browser combined issue.  And the SSL
checking does check the web server configuration (to see if HTTPS is turned
on).

Maybe it would be better to say the Server:: class handles checking of both
what the Server is configured for AND how the Server will interact with the
browser.

michael