[dev] Incorrect hooks activity

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Nov 13 05:47:33 2002

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but I can't logon to MARC right
now... it seems to be down...

Anyway, when using IMP as the authentication piece to Horde, preferences
hooks do not appear to be working correctly.  Namely, it appears the hooks
are being  run at the same time the default preferences are loaded (i.e.
before IMP_Session::createSession() is run).  Since the hooks are only run
once (the static variable gets set the first time it is run), they do not
get run after the user has been logged in.  Thus, you cannot use Auth::* in
any of the hooks functions since none of that information has been
initialized yet.  For example, the _prefs_hook_fullname function requires
the Auth::getAuth() function.  However, this function returns false so it is
worthless.

I don't know enough how the hooks system works so I don't want to play
around too much with this.  Let me know if this is a valid bug, or what I am
doing wrong.

michael