[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp mailbox.php imp/config conf.xml prefs.php.dist imp/templates/mailbox message_summaries.inc imp/docsCHANGES

Thu Nov 14 19:34:45 2002

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > Then this has to be fixed. The patch was send to the list over a week ago
> > (iirc) and noone really objected against it.
>
> Ah. I didn't remember whether I'd objected here; I strongly objected to the
> poster when it was brought up in #horde.
>
> -chuck

I don't object if it is off by default (admin has to enable), works well and
safely (fix the current problem of dumping unchecked data), and works in a
"normal" fashion like other mail clients (if its setting the "seen" flag when
getting the preview, then it should also reset the flag afterwords, even
though that is a hugh performance hit).

This is a cool feature that lots of people want.  But to do it correctly
it will be a giant performance hit.  So I'm in favour of it as a feature,
but for performance reasons it should be set off by default.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!