[dev] code upgrade checking

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue Nov 19 15:51:12 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:43:09AM +0000, Marko wrote:

> anyone thought about putting a common horde feature whereby if a
> developer makes a drastic code change, for example concerning the
> way the data is stored internally to horde, a script could be
> attached to fix any old data.

Yes, I've thought about this a bit in the past.  Chuck and I talked
about this briefly at the PHP Conference, and it seems like the
current XML-based configuration system handles most of these
requirements already.

I don't think it would be all that smart to handle data-based
upgrades, however, because there are just too many support backends
and implementations to ensure data integrity.

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)