[dev] code upgrade checking

Marko marko@oblo.com
Tue Nov 19 20:29:45 2002

Quoting "Jon Parise" <jon@horde.org>:

> > anyone thought about putting a common horde feature whereby if a
> > developer makes a drastic code change, for example concerning the
> > way the data is stored internally to horde, a script could be
> > attached to fix any old data.

> Yes, I've thought about this a bit in the past.  Chuck and I talked
> about this briefly at the PHP Conference, and it seems like the
> current XML-based configuration system handles most of these
> requirements already.
no, config files are ok, wasn't what i was referring to...

> I don't think it would be all that smart to handle data-based
> upgrades, however, because there are just too many support backends
> and implementations to ensure data integrity.
horde_categories has just two settings for backend "none" or "sql"...

this idea just came to mind with the recent shares changes... what happenes when
someone is going from current stable to this next stable release which has this
different share handling?

marko