[dev] patch against Auth_sql::

Ronnie Garcia ronnie@mk2.net
Thu Nov 21 22:55:33 2002

> >   Here is a patch against Auth_sql to add the possibility to setup a
> > custom made query to authenticate the user.
> >   Special tokens are used to be replaced with the user's login and
> > password : "\L" for login and "\P" for password. Other tokens might be
> > added later.
>
> Personally, I think this should be a seperate Auth subclass, since it also
> changes how all of the user management/listing works, which would break
> quite a lot of Horde.

 Thats what i did the first time, then i thought it would be cool to have it
into the existing sql driver (and then, maybe in other drivers, like LDAP).
This avoids the need to dupplicate the code, and to maintain both of them,
they would be very similar.

 Since i set the capabilities to false in the constructor, what's broken in
the user management part ?
 And it would be possible to set custom queries for the add/update/remove
users functions.

Rgds,
Ronnie.