[dev] Re: [horde] Re: [whups] Workflow (was Re: [cvs] commit: ...)

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Fri Nov 22 00:50:07 2002

> ----- Message from chuck@horde.org ---------
>
> 4. Have an honest-to-goodness Horde daemon that runs all the time, reads
> users configs, and runs jobs whenever necessary. Pro: most efficient, only
> runs when necessary, can fork off jobs. Con: hardest to implement.
>
> 4 could be based on some code I came across at some point for a sort of
> cron-replacement class:
> http://www.phpsex.com/classes/class.Scheduler.php.txt (i have it somewhat
> cleaned up; have been poking at it for a bit, haven't really experimented,
> though).

This would be my prefered solution... as the windows schedular isn't that fun to
work with. A PHP daemon would be good. But it will have to allow for not being
able to fork under windows and run in a single thread mode in this case.

- Mike :-)