[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Data.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri Nov 22 04:32:02 2002

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@ammma.de>:

> Log:
> You always learn something new. If you use static methods of a class that
> extends PEAR inside of another class, this class also needs to extend PEAR
> because $this as used inside of PEAR would be a reference to the outermost
> class.

Eh.... oh. This is a bug in PEAR, really. Sounds like a method that tries to
tell if it's called statically or not, and doesn't check properly. Extending
PEAR probably makes things just more subtly broken, since the _wrong_ $this
pointer will probably be used.

Where does this happen?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."