[dev] giapeto+shares

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon Nov 25 02:54:19 2002

Quoting Marko <marko@oblo.com>:

> well i've gone back to the shares table again... the idea being, that i
> need to store the permissions for nodes some place, and the best place for
> that would seem to be the horde_shares...

Permissions should be stored using the Perms:: system, not using Shares.

> so as i am already checking the horde_shares for permissions for a
> user/group to access that node of the site tree, i might as well piggy-back
> the information about subpage ordering on that. what do you think?

No - I still don't see why this information shouldn't be in the
categoryobject_page object, where the rest of the node is stored. And how
does storing this in the shares table solve your problem with the site map?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."