[dev] mime message feature request

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Dec 11 00:08:17 PST 2002

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

| Now that we have this great MIME framework and (if I understand it
| correctly) all messages if incoming or outgoing are wrapped into
| MIME_Message objects, it shouldn't be too hard to implement a feature to
| strip all attachments from message.
|
| The idea behind this are a lot of messages I get with more or less big
| attachments that I'd like to archive but without wasting too much quota
| space.

Not sure exactly what you are asking for.  If you are asking for a
preference to strip attachments greater than a certain size, that would be
easy enough.  If you are asking for something to strip the attachments and
store them elsewhere... that's a whole lot more and not something I
personally am going to tackle anytime soon.

michael