[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/scripts imp-cleanup.cron

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 11 09:04:33 PST 2002

> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
> > Maybe we should just mark all horde temp files with a special prefix
> > string instead (in Horde::getTempFile()).  e.g. All files are prefixed
> > with 'hordetemp'.  This would eliminate the need to know the exact
> > filename of all these temp files.
>
> It would also make them at least partially predictable, which is a bad
> thing temp-file wise...
>
> -chuck

Thay all already have a known, predictable prefix.  This just consolidates
them.  In a way, it makes it easier to predict a file name, but in another
way it makes it less predictable as you wouldn't know if the file name would
be use by imp, klutz, horde, etc. which right now you do.  If they all use
the same creation/deletion mechanism, then the impact of that is reduced.
But it is still something to consider (since exploitable bugs could be
specific to an app within horde, etc).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics