[dev] horde.schema correction

Sergey sergeyli at pisem.net
Wed Dec 11 17:51:15 PST 2002

Hi All!

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.1.8, and it treats schema a little differently from
2.0.x tree. Namely, it wollows specification exactly, and it allows only
one STRUCTURAL objectClass per object. So, if you have the object of the
usual class inetOrgPerson, it can't be of objectClass top or
hordePerson. In order to use Horde attributes, I made the following
change to the schema:

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.13040.1.2.4.1001
         NAME 'hordePerson'
         DESC 'Horde Preferences'
         SUP top
         AUXILIARY
         MAY ( mail $ hordePrefs $ impPrefs $ turbaPrefs $
                 gollemPrefs $ kronolithPrefs $ mnemoPrefs $
                 trollPrefs $ nagPrefs $ klutzPrefs $
                 jonahPrefs $ hermesPrefs $ junoPrefs $
                 treanPrefs $ whupsPrefs
         ) )

Note "SUP top" and "AUXILIARY". Now I can have objects of type
inetOrgPerson having aux types posixAccount (for PAM authentication,
used by UW IMAP and everything else on the server) and hordePerson (for
Horde persistence). Is it possible to implement this change as standard?
Thanks!

Sergey.