[dev] Re: [sork] passwd mysql problem

Ilya mail at krel.org
Thu Dec 12 17:47:37 PST 2002

> > the only thing i found is that if in Registry the module is hidden (i
want
> > Passwd show up under Accounts, so I hid it in main menu), the
Configuration
> > does not work. It comes up with blank window.
> > But as soon as I change it to active - its fine.
>
> Interesting.  I'm not sure what the intent is for the configuration
(setup)
> script when the module isn't "active".
>
> It seems that until it is configured it might be desirable to make the
> unconfigured modules as "hidden" or "inactive" or something user's don't
> see the unconfigured item in the menus, so I can see a case here for
> showing hidden/inactive items in the configuration menu.
>
> On the other hand, the registry ships with all apps in it, usually
inactive,
> so maybe showing the inactive modules would just clutter things and cause
> confusion for people (why is it showing all these things I don't want and
> didn't install???).
>
> So maybe show hidden, but not inactive?  Or not?  What do the others
think?

Well, the CVs version comes with all modules Active. I dont know about
Stable.
 But even if I setup module as Hidden it still shows up in DropDown box. But
I cannot select it. When I select the module and click submit it returns an
empty page with same DropDown box.
So it either should not show the module in DropDown at all if it is not
Active; should give some kind of message :"Module not active".
Or allow configuration for all modules.
 In the end, the config is only allowed for admins, we should not worry
about confusing them.