[dev] vfs/ftp

Marko marko at oblo.com
Fri Dec 20 18:30:07 PST 2002

yes i see what both you and chuck mean, but i still see an extra part missing
which would do the setting up of any RPC protocol between two hordes.

it shouldn't be a fixed thing (setting up backends, conf etc), but more like
typing in a url and getting info on what the other horde can offer. ie. i don't
want to set up a calendar which is only fixed on talking to a remote horde using
a set up RPC backend. but something more user level - maybe in options i type in
a url of a remote horde and i see that i am allowed to use it's calendar,
selecting it, it appears in my calendar list.

or maybe in the admin of a horde several remote hordes could be specified which
would propagate their "offerings" to respective users/groups in their options.

so we'd still need something to handle this, no? even if it is using RPC as as
the underlying protocol... something like a horde handshake.

m.